New to Goat Packing World! Hello from Wyoming!
(03-17-2017, 07:04 PM)Nanno Wrote: They look great! I've not heard of dairy breeders wanting high rumps. Level toplines are a must, as are strong, straight pasterns. Some judges like lighter bones and others prefer heavier. A steepish rump is actually more accepable for a packgoat than a dairy goat and I personally prefer it a bit. In horses a steep rump is often a sign of athleticism and we call it a "jump bump". Flatter rumps are fine too though. Many excellent packgoats have been bought from dairy herds. We bought our first packgoat for $25 from a dairy herd and not only did he turn out to be an excellent working goat, he really stood the test of time. He's going on fifteen years and we only retired him last year. You're going to have so much fun with those cute little kids!

This is relieving to hear, and your answers were pretty much what she stated they breed for at thier operation. I think it will be great to have a mix up! We are very excited for this journey!

Messages In This Thread
RE: New to Goat Packing World! Hello from Wyoming! - by StarckRanch - 03-17-2017, 07:39 PM