'nother question. . .Nubian/Alpine
Hello Wordman
You do not want just "ONE" goat is my first advice. Unless you have a horse to keep it company.
As to what you have been told about "Only Nannies" making lots of noise when in heat.
It is NOT TRUE.
Nanny's of any breed are very vocal when is season.
The difference being Alpines and other goats have a "Rather Soft" bleat.
Nubian's are NOTED for having a "SCREAM" you can hear 1/2 mile away and they enjoy using it.
Sounds like you are beating a child.
It is NOT just a female thing. I had a otherwise very good whether that would scream and be heard through a 1/2 mile of wood lot when he got left behind and did not get to ride in the truck when we went to town. Yes, he was a barn brat and ran with my Dobermen's and horses.
As to the Alpine X Nubian cross for a whether go for it just get two. You and they will be a lot better off.
There are "opinions" that Nubian's are a "Lazy" pack goat it all depends on the goat and training.
I have a Nubian X Alpine Whether myself and even though he is not old enough to pack yet. Is full of himself, and not "Vocal"

Sam bleats when he wants to attract attention but dose not "Scream" I think that is his "Alpine" side showing up. : )
Both of mine are attached at the hip to me, that is what you want in a good pack goat.
Again I highly recommend  get 2 everybody here I think will tell you the same. 2 are much simpler to care fore and train than 1.

Attached Files
.jpg   Goats in the Sun.jpg (Size: 89.48 KB / Downloads: 61)

Messages In This Thread
'nother question. . .Nubian/Alpine - by Wordman - 02-10-2016, 04:10 PM
RE: 'nother question. . .Nubian/Alpine - by Nanno - 02-10-2016, 06:46 PM
RE: 'nother question. . .Nubian/Alpine - by hihobaron - 02-10-2016, 07:13 PM
RE: 'nother question. . .Nubian/Alpine - by Nanno - 02-11-2016, 08:45 AM