Newbie from the North East
Well, as of  yesterday we are up to 3 goats. And a sheep, a dozen or so chickens, 3 dogs, a cat and a fish.

I just formally started working with Marv, the 2.5 yr old, Saanen mix (i think), whether about a week or so ago. I ordered a halter and lead from Northwest Packgoat and Supplies. I was surprised how well he took to it. He initially fought the halter/lead for a minute or two but I gave him a snack as soon as I put the halter on and he pretty much just follows me around. He will stop in protest every now and then but a simple "click sound" I make and snack offering and he is back in the game. I also trained him to hop up on a big stump on command so I can check him out, brush him, etc. Thinking this will come in handy when its time for hoof trimming and getting into/out of the back of the pick-up. Another few days of walking him around in the pen and then I plan take him for some walks around the property. If I let him out of the pen off- lead he makes a bee- line for the sweet feed can. I am hoping by spring I will be able to take him for walks on some public trails.

The 2 little ones just showed up yesterday, they are rescues from a local sanctuary (with a horrible back ground story). The vet seems to think they are between 3 and 6 months old. They are supper friendly and follow me every where and cry like crazy when I have to leave them. I have no idea what type of goats they are, I am assuming the black/white (Zoe) is a nubian mix, clue less as to what Zac (the all black) could be. They might even be dwarfs for all I know. It doesn't really matter to us, we were just looking for some buddies for Marv and Mable (the sheep).

Pics are below.....

.jpg   Goats2.jpg (Size: 159.41 KB / Downloads: 53)        

Messages In This Thread
Newbie from the North East - by WarrenPFjr - 12-06-2015, 07:40 AM
RE: Newbie from the North East - by Taffy - 12-06-2015, 10:37 AM
RE: Newbie from the North East - by WarrenPFjr - 12-06-2015, 03:07 PM
RE: Newbie from the North East - by hihobaron - 12-07-2015, 09:23 PM
RE: Newbie from the North East - by WarrenPFjr - 12-12-2015, 04:25 PM
RE: Newbie from the North East - by hihobaron - 12-13-2015, 06:22 PM
RE: Newbie from the North East - by WarrenPFjr - 12-17-2015, 08:06 AM
RE: Newbie from the North East - by Charlie Horse - 12-17-2015, 08:50 AM
RE: Newbie from the North East - by Nanno - 12-17-2015, 09:08 AM
RE: Newbie from the North East - by WarrenPFjr - 12-19-2015, 09:59 AM
RE: Newbie from the North East - by hihobaron - 12-20-2015, 04:55 AM