The Gift Of The Old One (My Favorite Goat Story)
(12-07-2015, 08:44 AM)ridinraffles Wrote: My name is Cassie and I am Eunice "Pixie" Day's granddaughter.  She raised Saanen goats at her farm (Sleighbell Farm) here in Maine.  She passed away at this time last year.  This story is one she wrote herself, as a piece of fiction but inspired by true events, and had published in a dairy goat journal.  She also shared it with friends and colleagues often in Christmas cards.  It has been plagiarized by a man named Reverend David Griffiths.  He changed all the goat references to horses and is claiming the work as his own.  I am desperately trying to track down the original published version of this story so that I have proof that Gram is the true author.  If anyone has a back issue with her story in it, please share the issue number
and date with me so that I can track it down.  There is one place in the plagiarized version where Mr. Griffiths missed a goat reference.  In the last line it mentions the Old One's golden eyes.  Horses do not have golden eyes, but Saanen's do!  Thank you for giving proper credit to my Grandmother for her touching story.

Hello, I am more a horseman than goat person , but the goats are "Working" on me. Big Grin
I can remember the Story in some horse publication Modified as you say.
I agree with Nanno as to the low life types that plagiariz. 
IF I post a article not my own I make sure the writers, byline, and credit for the source are in the article.
Can I ask for your approval to use the story on a Prepper Site were I manage both a horse ,and pack goat related post area.
Look at mainstreampreppers.com under my member name.(Same as here) I make NO money from my postings just passing along information and doing my best to help people think about how critical our animals are if things go downhill.
Good Luck and the Story brings Tears to my eyes every time I read it. Very Well done and a Classic.
Happy Holidays
hihobaron

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Gift Of The Old One (My Favorite Goat Story) - by hihobaron - 12-17-2015, 07:42 AM