Lost a good buddy last weekend
Oh man thats sad. What bad news. And yeah, I can imagine how it sucks to be out of business for a while until he is replaced or you wait for the others to grow. Its funny how camping with a work animal, goat or horse, builds a real bond thats more than the back-yard pet type of relationship. People think I have too many goats but in fact I am taking precautions against losing one or two over time.

I don't leave the collars on my goats for fear of choking hazards or horns getting under a collar and a bad fight. Sounds like that probably wasn't the issue but it sure seems like a mystery. I'd have to say it was something related to the fence though. I've seen horses get stuck half-way over a drill-pipe fence and it sorta squeezes the breath out of them. The truth is most fence types have their dangers. I even had a white-plastic wired electric fence get wrapped TIGHT around a baby goats leg. Fortunately I found him in time and it didn't kill the foot. Thought that fence was safe as could be till that incident.

Messages In This Thread
Lost a good buddy last weekend - by GPW - 09-14-2015, 05:47 PM
RE: Lost a good buddy last weekend - by Nanno - 09-14-2015, 07:05 PM
RE: Lost a good buddy last weekend - by Taffy - 09-14-2015, 07:19 PM
RE: Lost a good buddy last weekend - by Charlie Horse - 09-14-2015, 07:32 PM
RE: Lost a good buddy last weekend - by GPW - 09-16-2015, 02:55 PM