OMG! That Was Fun!
We had to take our goats early and all we had was an unfinished 16 x 24 goat barn to contain them. Before the first week was over they figured out how to escape when we went to visit them. It was just short of a nightmare. before the second week was over I had finished a 20 x 40 fenced in enclosure and tension eased and we began to actually enjoy the boys. I read the thread on lead training and thought it might be a good idea to give it a try so I mentioned it to the Mrs. "Have you lost your mind? let me get the video camera to film you die a slow death trying to get them back in." I loaded a can with some grain and treats and proceeded to open the gate. They came out and immediately went to work on the vegetation. Clearly the treats were no match for the young blackberry canes and tender baby birch trees. After a lot of can shaking I was able to lure them up into the driveway and dole out some treats for a bit. They followed me back to the gate and hung up on the birch till I rang the dinner bell with one of their hog pans I feed them with and in they went. So fun to watch them run! I worry about my neighbors dog that has made it's intentions clear. I'm not going to take them for many more outings till the paint ball gun is charged up and ready.

Messages In This Thread
OMG! That Was Fun! - by GoatGetter - 07-19-2015, 08:51 AM
RE: OMG! That Was Fun! - by nebs - 07-19-2015, 12:55 PM
RE: OMG! That Was Fun! - by TOU - 07-20-2015, 10:23 PM
RE: OMG! That Was Fun! - by GoatGetter - 07-23-2015, 05:28 AM