Decent Mineral Mix 16/8 (2:1 ratio)
Where do you send blood to be tested for mineral levels? I've never actually done that before.

This is one year I don't think I have to worry about selenium (at least not at the moment). We're getting waterlogged out here and are covered up in new grass. (We've got grass springing up in places I didn't think grass could grow!) While we do have a lot of selenium around here, it is down in the subsoil layer that the roots don't usually reach unless we're in extreme drought. We've been out of drought since fall 2013 and all the new plants are shallowly rooted in the upper soil since they haven't had to reach down to find water. Our upper soil is actually low in selenium, so adding it might not be a bad thing right now. But I would love to have blood samples tested to find out!

I will also call Ranch-Way Feeds when I get a chance and see if they've heard about our selenium problem down here. It's a Colorado-based company and they may even make a special mix for animals in selenium-saturated areas. They advertise custom mixes, and I might be able to find enough people in our area that we could get a special order made for a mix with no or reduced selenium. The more I read about this company, the more excited I'm getting!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Decent Mineral Mix 16/8 (2:1 ratio) - by Nanno - 05-20-2015, 05:14 PM