Decent Mineral Mix 16/8 (2:1 ratio)
Wow thats the first mix I have actually seen that has organic selenium in it. Sadly, that is not something you will wanna get again I dont think. The selenium scale goes from 0.0 to 5.0 With that actually having 3.5 ppm of organic selenium and you being in a high selenium area, I dont know if I would risk it. Thats a shame cause it has some nice alternative mineral bases in it. Id pull it if you have it free choice and ration it to 1/2 oz. per day till gone. OR if you wanted to spend a bit of money. Have the vet out for blood draw and send the samples off to be tested for selenium, copper and zinc levels. Id go ahead and do all of them. A good starting base line is 6 goats. So for a better idea do all your adult animals. If the selenium levels come back as normal low or below, then I could go ahead and mix it half and half with your old stuff. Run this all by your vet and see what he says. I know you had an issue with your horse but if the vet has insight into the higher selenium in your area effecting goats, you may find that you can feed it without worry. But for now, until you know more, Id ration it.
Pack Goat Prospects For Sale. http://trinitypackgoats.webs.com

S.E. Washington (Benton City)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Decent Mineral Mix 16/8 (2:1 ratio) - by Dave-Trinity-Farms - 05-20-2015, 04:55 PM