Bridger's GORGEOUS full brother...$200 (Hornless LaMancha in Northern Utah)
[Image: vincent_9_weeks.jpg]

Well, Vincent VanGoat is doing quite well. He's growing and now is eating a lot of alfalfa and grass along with his bottle feedings. He's fitting in with the herd perfectly, but due to shelter-shortage in the goat mansion I'm keeping him in the kennel at night. Spring is here and its good to be a goat. He's got a great personality and he'll be going camping before you know it.

One problem with him. His La Mancha ears were full of crud and one seemed infected. A week ago I bought an ear-cleaning syringe that sprays sideways in 3 streams with a rubber cap. I flushed an amazing amount of crud out of his ears, and it was a grody white crumbly stuff. He's much better now but I get a little white-watery liquid out of one ear still. Why? Because the dang ears are so wadded up that at least one of them doesn't really 'breathe'. La Mancha breeders, WTF were you thinking? I don't think this is working out for the goats. I'm reading that its kinda common with the breed and people just make light of it and deal with it. But sheesh. I'm going to squirt some hydrogen peroxide in there tomorrow, as per some people saying it works on the Goat Spot. Anyone got a good ear-infection cure? This might be chronic for a while unless he grows into those ears, and I'm not wanting to take it up with the local, not-so-great-with-goats vets if I can help it.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bridger's GORGEOUS full brother...$200 (Hornless LaMancha in Northern Utah) - by Charlie Horse - 04-27-2015, 08:58 PM