HIGH Fever!
Yeah, I don't have any cigarettes. Cuzco will usually pee when he sniffs any kind of smoke (you should see the puddle he makes when we let him stand with his head over the campfire!), but Sputnik just made faces at me when I waved the smoking cardboard under his nose.

I'm happy to report that he's doing great this morning! He spent a good part of the night curled up with me on the basement couch and we actually both got some decent rest. He kept me nice and toasty and I kept him company. He kept screaming his head off when I put him outside. He didn't pee or poop all night and I was worried about that. I finally let him off the back patio around 10:00 this morning (I'd been keeping him there so I could monitor his potty situation), and I discovered why he wasn't using the bathroom. Apparently he has a natural sense of propriety (like Cuzco) and won't do his business in the house or on the porch. As soon as I opened the gate, he stepped onto the gravel, stretched out, and peed like a racehorse. Poor little guy!

He's out there bouncing around and eating like nothing happened. I'll continue the course of Nuflor to the end, of course. After reading up on silent pneumonia, I've realized how dangerous this can be and how lucky we are that it happened during the day and that I caught it during the high fever stage. I think of pneumonia as being associated with cough and runny nose. That super-high fever was scary!

Messages In This Thread
HIGH Fever! - by Nanno - 03-08-2015, 11:02 PM
RE: HIGH Fever! - by Dave-Trinity-Farms - 03-08-2015, 11:31 PM
RE: HIGH Fever! - by Nanno - 03-09-2015, 12:55 AM
RE: HIGH Fever! - by Dave-Trinity-Farms - 03-09-2015, 09:35 AM
RE: HIGH Fever! - by Taffy - 03-09-2015, 10:06 AM
RE: HIGH Fever! - by Nanno - 03-09-2015, 10:12 AM
RE: HIGH Fever! - by Dave-Trinity-Farms - 03-09-2015, 06:38 PM