1st Post, Looking to get a couple more pack goats and need some info!
(01-23-2015, 07:55 PM)Taffy Wrote: With all of the reputable dairy goat breeders here in Washington State why not look locally? Begin with a goat(s) from a breeder who has a CAE/CL, etc. negative herd.

If anyone has any leads on some 1.5 + year old wethers then I'm all ears! its just that I need to start with some older wethers as I don't have a ton of space and would like to get them packing in the next couple of years, I would love to start with some bottle kids but its just not going to work for me right now, that and when there 1.5+ years old its easier for me to know that they will hit that 200lb pack goat mark, unless I'm wrong about that. My example for this is the 2 Obers I have, The big guy Samson is 200lbs and a complete work horse and this brother Jerry is 175lb and just can't keep up with Samson, even with a much lighter load. That and I would hate to get a couple of bottle kids, have them turn out to be under-weight and not have any use for them, I don't have the acreage to have a non-working goat, Again and I repeat if I am wrong about this please let me know I am not afraid to call myself a goat " noob"

Messages In This Thread
RE: 1st Post, Looking to get a couple more pack goats and need some info! - by GPW - 01-23-2015, 08:20 PM