Overly aggressive doe
So, now that everyone is bred, I'm starting to worry a bit about how Lilly treats my other does, particularly Delilah. Yesterday Lilly literally ran Delilah down, chasing her out the gate, around the outside of the pen, then back into the pen. She was out for blood. I put a stop to it by whacking Lilly across the back with a riding crop as she ran past me, but I'm very concerned that if this goes on she may cause others to lose their pregnancies down the road. I'm fairly suspicious that Lilly is the reason Nubbin lost her babies last year (although I have no proof). It wouldn't be so bad if she were slower, but unfortunately she's the fastest, most athletic goat in my herd and can run down anyone she wants to. She's even picking fights with the boys lately, including Cuzco, and I'm worried she could lose her own pregnancy if she gets carried away. I don't really have a way to separate her from everyone unless I chain her to a tree, and I'd rather not do that.

After I saw her go after Delilah yesterday I remembered something I saw in the Premier1 catalogue that I thought was kind of funny at the time, but I'm wondering what ya'll think of it. It's a ram shield that blocks the front vision and discourages aggressive animals from butting. I think I'll call Premier1 tomorrow and ask if the smaller size might fit Lilly. What do ya'll think? Could something like this work?

http://www.premier1supplies.com/detail.p...7&cat_id=4

Messages In This Thread
Overly aggressive doe - by Nanno - 01-18-2015, 07:31 PM
RE: Overly aggressive doe - by IdahoNancy - 01-18-2015, 08:06 PM
RE: Overly aggressive doe - by Charlie Horse - 01-18-2015, 08:41 PM
RE: Overly aggressive doe - by Dave-Trinity-Farms - 01-19-2015, 12:21 AM
RE: Overly aggressive doe - by Nanno - 01-19-2015, 12:55 PM
RE: Overly aggressive doe - by Taffy - 01-20-2015, 10:18 AM
RE: Overly aggressive doe - by Nanno - 01-20-2015, 07:19 PM
RE: Overly aggressive doe - by Taffy - 01-20-2015, 11:09 PM
RE: Overly aggressive doe - by Nanno - 01-21-2015, 09:46 AM