RENDY 2015 LOCATION ANNOUNCED!!!
Hey, Dave, Bre has already decided we are going! Plenty of room in my truck and I could make room in the trailer for Legion. Think about it. We have a long time to plan.
[i]
Charlene in Central Orego
n
[/i]
I really hope we can make it next year. Yellowstone is one of our favorite places. Will the Rendy happen within the park area itself, or outside the boundaries?

Is John Mionczynski speaking on Saturday?
(09-24-2014, 10:04 PM)Nanno Wrote: I really hope we can make it next year. Yellowstone is one of our favorite places. Will the Rendy happen within the park area itself, or outside the boundaries?

Is John Mionczynski speaking on Saturday?

Outside the boundaries of Yellowstone Park. In the "Island Park" area. Just south of Henry's Lake. I will have Kent Daniels post the location, or I will do it this weekend.

YES!!!!! I called John M. and he is going to put it on his Calendar. As long as he can adjust his schedule with the local Community College, he will be at the Rendy!
Well of course Im going if you guys are Smile Cant wait for it now! Thanks for the invite Charlene!
Pack Goat Prospects For Sale. http://trinitypackgoats.webs.com

S.E. Washington (Benton City)
"Outside the boundaries of Yellowstone Park. In the "Island Park" area. Just south of Henry's Lake. I will have Kent Daniels post the location, or I will do it this weekend."

My son and his wife were married in Island Park. It's where they first got together when they were snowmobiling. It's a gorgeous area!
Goatberries Happen!
Is there someplace I can find out what different procedures etc. I need to have in order if I go to the rendy? We live in MT so it would involve crossing a state line, also are there any health papers required in general to attend?
Proposed location. Verbally thay said OK but I want a written OK.
About 2 miles South from the SE corner of Henrys Lake in Idaho.It is off the RED ROCK ROAD (not the Red road) about 3 miles West of HWY 20. About 1/2 a mile of gravel/dirt off the Red Rock road to the site at a dead end with a turnaround. Large trailers park there often.
44 degrees 35' min 19" sec N
111 degrees 23' min 00 "sec W
About 6600 feet elevation with Fir, Lodge pole and Aspen trees. There is a creek (Bootjack Creek)and an old logging road a hundred or so yards to the south of the end of the road.

It is 20 miles by road to West Yellowstone Montana. That is where the West entrance to Yellowstone Park is. The park boundry is about 8 miles to the East.
There are 3 access pionts to the Contental Divide Trail with in 10 miles

Lodging is available at Island Park Village -7 miles, Macks Inn 8.5 miles.

Island Park is a city that has a 33 mile long Main street. The whole area is in several volcanic calderas and is refered to as Island Park .

Photos to come.

Other coordinate systems for rendy site

D M S
44 degrees 35' 18.90" N
> 111 degrees 22' 59.90" W

DDD
44.588351 N
111.3832978 W

D M DS
44 35.301 N
111 22.998 W

UTM