Hunting with goats
As the name of the thread implies, you must hunt with your goats.

I have met 2 different packgoat people in the past month that leave their goats in camp while hunting.

You can not do this. I was hiking off trail last weekend and heard a goat yelling out loud. I was at least a half mile away. I thought for sure someone lost a goat and they were lost calling for their owner. I followed the sound of the goat that I’m sure every bear and mtn lion in the area could hear as well. As I approached the goat I saw a tent and thought oh people are in camp with their goats. I approached to say hello and to find out no one is in camp. I thought to myself, wow, this is the 2nd person that I’ve seen recently that does this. 

To top it off they highlined their goats where they could reach each other. This is the most dangerous thing they could’ve done! You cannot tie your goats where they can reach eachother. They can cross lead lines and strangle eachother! It most likely will happen if they are left alone long enough.

People please at the very least have someone in camp with them and make sure they can’t reach other while tied up when they are not being closely watched.

Messages In This Thread
Hunting with goats - by Stringinit - 09-25-2023, 06:03 AM
RE: Hunting with goats - by Nanno - 09-25-2023, 07:07 AM
RE: Hunting with goats - by Taffy - 10-04-2023, 10:48 AM
RE: Hunting with goats - by Nanno - 10-08-2023, 07:35 AM