Sopris Lumbar Pack - Like New!
Someone I know recently got out of packgoats and I acquired some of his equipment. It's more than I need so I'm selling what I can't use. I have a Sopris Lumbar packsaddle with Deluxe Lite panniers. This is known as the "Summit" pack system and sells new on the Sopris site for ~$780.00. 

This set is almost new. It looks like it may have been used for one or two trips. Saddle and panniers look almost completely unused. Sopris makes very nice pack systems and it's the brand Clay Zimmerman and I both use. Sopris saddle trees fit every shape of goat back, from narrow to wide. However, this Lumbar saddle is long and is made for large packgoats. The size of the panniers also means you can pack a lot of gear, so this system is made for serious packers with big packgoats doing multi-day trips. The breast strap, britchen, and rigging are all heavy duty to help stabilize large loads on rugged terrain.  

This set also comes with a deluxe rain fly in large size. The rain fly snaps neatly in place over the paniers to keep water out. It also includes some extra straps that turn the rain fly into a makeshift raincoat for your goat when he isn't wearing a pack. Total cost of pack system + rain fly new is ~$830.    

I am asking $500. I'm located in Colorado. 
719-489-2732 (no texts!)

Is this still available? Would you be able to ship it or would it have to be picked up?
Yes, the Lumbar pack is still available. I can ship it. I would need to know your zip code so I can figure out how much shipping will cost. If you are interested you can PM me that info.
Thanks for your interest!
(08-16-2023, 11:57 AM)Nanno Wrote: Yes, the Lumbar pack is still available. I can ship it. I would need to know your zip code so I can figure out how much shipping will cost. If you are interested you can PM me that info.
Thanks for your interest!

Thank you for getting back with me! Let me talk to my brother. Also are any of the other saddles still available? How would we work out payment (my getting the money to you)? I am in Texas and will PM you if my family is agreeable. Thank you so much for your help! Smile
Someone has said they will pick up the other three saddles next week and I'm waiting for his deposit, which should be here tomorrow. So the only one that is currently still available is this big Sopris Lumbar. If the other deal falls through I will certainly let you know.

My preferred payment method is check, but I can also take PayPal and Venmo payments.

Make sure your goats are big enough for this saddle. It is made for the biggest, strongest packgoats with long backs and is built for serious treks. Smile
I'll keep you posted what I decide. I really like the look of it but it maybe it is overkill for a newbie as this would be my first saddle. My oldest boy is a little under three so I'm not sure how big he is going to be. I am sorry I should have shown my brother first instead of getting too excited and contacting you first. Thank you for all your help!
No problem. Now that you mention it would be your first saddle, and that you're newbies to packing and you have an under-3 goat, I would encourage you not to buy this one.
I've already had to tell two other people that this saddle is not suitable for their needs. I want to make sure it goes to someone with experience who can make full use of it because it is an expensive system, and a lot of rookies would be discouraged by the hefty size and the large number of straps and buckles. You shouldn't get it unless you know for sure your goat will be big enough to handle it. I'd hate for you to spend all that money and be disappointed. Wink

I'm also advertising it as a llama/burro pack because it's big enough to work for those animals.