2023 Rendy Picture Thread
Here's the view from the campsite for the 2023 Rendy on the north side of the Uinta mountains, right on the border of that notch in the top corner of Utah.

Nights were a bit colder than expected and we had actual hard frost.  The days were very pleasant and often shaded by passing clouds.

Some of the goats attending:

I don't drink beer, but if I did, I'd prefer Dos Equis.  Stay thirsty my friends!

I don't drink beer, but if I did, I'd prefer Dos Equis.  Stay thirsty my friends!

I learned a lot about goat health and other issues in the discussion and debate sessions.

NAPGA issues were also a topic of discussion.

A discussion about packs and equipment

The roads were really nice thanks to some nearby oil rigs and equipment.

This view .... Ok I have lots of pics of Kings' Peak.  This is the post for those Smile

Time to pack up and head home!

Oh, man! Looks wonderful.
It looks like it was a beautiful location.
Goatberries Happen!
On the way home I decided to stop and do a short hike to let everyone stretch their legs.  There was a beautiful meadow with ancient stands of aspens at the edge at the trail head for the Highline Trail that goes over the top of the Uintas from end to end.  I just had to stop and check it out.

Look at Felix wipe-out one of the paniers on this giant aspen.

So in the small amount of hiking I did, I found an elk skeleton.  There was one near my camp at the Rendy site along with what I told the kids was a bigfoot nest.  Uncles love to tell kids about monsters.  Really though I think this was a terrible winter for the wildlife.