5-year-old Alpine in Westcliffe, CO
A friend sent me this from her local Facebook horse group today. I don't think Alfred has ever been a packgoat, but he looks like he could be a lovely candidate. He's the perfect age and he looks like a nice size and temperament. Other than what is posted below, I know nothing about Alfred so I can't personally recommend him as a packgoat, but I hope he finds a good home! I think there is potential here. If someone is interested please post here and I can pass the word along and get you in touch with his owner.  

This post is about a horse companion, a goat named Alfred.
A neighbor is down on his luck. He recently placed (gave) to Bear Basin Ranch his two sweetheart horses. They had a goat companion who is super sweet, loved his horse buddies and is actually leash trained. Described as "petting zoo" temperament.
He is a wether, around 5 years old.
The Amish neighbors dislike him. I found him tied by his horns to the neighbors fence. He apparently got out and was drawn to their horses. I found him tied when I drove by and "rescued" him. I fear for sweet Alfred.
Please spread the word. He needs a new home [Image: mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fstatic.xx.fbcdn.n...2JED7g--~D]. If interested I can put you in contact with his owner. — in Westcliffe, CO

(06-05-2023, 01:52 PM)Hey Nan, my friend in Coaldale has room and I can go and get him ASAP in Westcliffe. We don't know yet what we will do with him but he will get into a safe place and we can spend a few weeks with him and see what he might be good for. Can you put me in touch with his owner, or with this poster below who can connect me with the owner?Thanks so much for looking out for all the goats out there!!Celia 719-221-3101Nanno Wrote: A friend sent me this from her local Facebook horse group today. I don't think Alfred has ever been a packgoat, but he looks like he could be a lovely candidate. He's the perfect age and he looks like a nice size and temperament. Other than what is posted below, I know nothing about Alfred so I can't personally recommend him as a packgoat, but I hope he finds a good home! I think there is potential here. If someone is interested please post here and I can pass the word along and get you in touch with his owner.  

This post is about a horse companion, a goat named Alfred.
A neighbor is down on his luck. He recently placed (gave) to Bear Basin Ranch his two sweetheart horses. They had a goat companion who is super sweet, loved his horse buddies and is actually leash trained. Described as "petting zoo" temperament.
He is a wether, around 5 years old.
The Amish neighbors dislike him. I found him tied by his horns to the neighbors fence. He apparently got out and was drawn to their horses. I found him tied when I drove by and "rescued" him. I fear for sweet Alfred.
Please spread the word. He needs a new home [Image: mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fstatic.xx.fbcdn.n...2JED7g--~D]. If interested I can put you in contact with his owner. — in Westcliffe, CO
Sounds like Alfred has already found a home. I hope he has a good life!