Help: Possible Anemic/Worm Problem with 5.5 year old Alpine
IdahoNancy, thanks again.  His name is Sparrow.  

We have had some positive signs the past couple of days.  

Thursday:  We got him up to walk in the pasture again.  He walked/stood on his now for about 25 minutes.  

Friday:  This morning was amazing.  When I went out to feed all of them I walked into the shed and he was standing up on all fours on his own.  He then walked out of the shed on his own to eat.  He stayed out of the shed for about 35 minutes and then went in on his own.  He has come out a couple of more times since this morning to eat and drink.  His walking is not graceful by any means.  He is still limping pretty significantly on one leg. But the fact that he is up multiple times on his own today is just awesome.  We are very excited to watch him the next few days.  Apparently, he has decided to just stand up.  His tail has been wagging like craze all day as he has been moving around. 

He has been the alpha male with our goats and to see him feeding in the pasture with the other four and taking on the role of alpha male again was really cool.  He was pushing and ramming the others around like he normally does.  Again, not graceful. He fell once int the snow on his face but just got up and started playing and establishing dominance again.  

Much appreciated.  I'll keep you posed.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Help: Possible Anemic/Worm Problem with 5.5 year old Alpine - by Rocky723 - 12-16-2022, 03:01 PM