Help: Possible Anemic/Worm Problem with 5.5 year old Alpine
(12-02-2022, 11:38 AM)Nanno Wrote: Poor fellow! Sounds like he did have a pretty heavy worm load and it might take some time for him to recover. However, I wonder if you have a dual problem going on. Is it possible that he was injured? If he were rammed or got his leg caught somewhere and wrenched it getting out, he could be quite lame, perhaps higher up in the shoulder area. This would make him very reluctant to get up or move around. I encourage you to feel that right front leg from shoulder to hoof and work all the joints. See if he resists or reacts to pressure or movement. I'm glad he has a good appetite and his bodily functions are normal. That's going in your favor! I hope you can figure out what's going on and that your fella makes a full recovery.

We have felt up in that area and when he is in the sling he allows us to bend it and move it in any direction and he doesn't seem to have any pain, it isn't inflamed or warm/hot to the touch it feels like the rest of his body and he is the pasture leader/alpha of our goats so he doesn't get hit by any of the other guys often or really ever.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Help: Possible Anemic/Worm Problem with 5.5 year old Alpine - by Rocky723 - 12-06-2022, 10:11 AM