Got a new goat hauler
This is a cool story. Almost unbelievable.

Last year someone posted a horse trailer built for miniature horses for sale on Craig's List. Well just for fun I went out and looked at it. It was very well built. Dual axel. Diamond plate steel all over, etc. Then, deciding I really no use for anything like that, I passed on it.

While at the Rendy, I saw one there being used for hauling goats. It was right then and there that I realized I should have never passed up that mini horse trailer. I lamented about it for a while and then decided to quit feeling sorry for myself and be proactive. So I posted the following ad on CL July 1st...

"There was a woman here locally that had a trailer for miniature horses and ponies for sale on Craig's List late fall of last year. She was having a hard time selling it she said. I went out and looked at it but did not have a need for it so I decided to pass on it. I'm kicking myself now because I do need it now. If she is reading this, and still has it, I would like to buy it"

Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think that ad would be answered! And I about fell out of my chair when the gal called me up and described it to a T. She said she bought it from the gal who had it on Craig's list. Then it had just been sitting at her place ever since because she never got around to doing what she had planned to do with it. Then she got to laughing. I asked her why she was laughing and she replied that she hardly EVER goes on Craig's List but that day she decided to because she was bored. And when she saw my ad she just had a feeling it was the same trailer. I smiled at her and said "I guess it was just meant to be".

And now my little trailer is home.

There is an old saying...if you love something set it free, etc. I know that's not supposed to pertain to trailers, but...maybe just a little bit...just this once.

Anyway...just thought it was a neat story to well. My boys have a nice shiney ride now.

Messages In This Thread
Got a new goat hauler - by Teckelhut - 07-17-2014, 10:25 PM
RE: Got a new goat hauler - by Dave-Trinity-Farms - 07-18-2014, 05:44 AM
RE: Got a new goat hauler - by Nanno - 07-18-2014, 07:31 AM
RE: Got a new goat hauler - by Teckelhut - 07-18-2014, 05:28 PM
RE: Got a new goat hauler - by Charlie Horse - 07-18-2014, 10:56 PM
RE: Got a new goat hauler - by Teckelhut - 07-18-2014, 11:20 PM
RE: Got a new goat hauler - by Nanno - 07-19-2014, 06:02 PM
RE: Got a new goat hauler - by Teckelhut - 07-19-2014, 06:14 PM
RE: Got a new goat hauler - by IdahoNancy - 07-20-2014, 09:17 PM
RE: Got a new goat hauler - by Teckelhut - 07-20-2014, 09:33 PM