2nd 2021 NAPgA Rendezvous in Slim Buttes, SD!
Ah yes. Thanks, Connie, for reminding me of Blackie's extra contribution there at the end. It's something I think all of us can make use of from time to time. I know I certainly have on very steep slopes! Tie a rope to the front crossbuck on a wooden saddle or to the back ring on a Sopris saddle and then let your goat pull you up a steep hill! It's the same concept as a tow rope on a ski slope. A few years ago me and three friends all used Sputnik to help us scale a very steep and icy slope during a winter hike. He had better traction than we did so we hung onto his saddle to help us make the climb and keep our feet. I have also used our goats to help navigate steep downhill slopes. I even did this at Slim Buttes on the last day when Phil and I went for one last little hike with Dean and Dani. The others scooted down on their bottoms, but I got Finn next to me and used his strong back to brace myself so I could stay upright. I knew he wasn't going to tumbled down that steep hillside of loose rock!

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2nd 2021 NAPgA Rendezvous in Slim Buttes, SD! - by Nanno - 10-03-2021, 03:54 PM