Strange behavior by one of my wethers this morning
It was really cold this morning (probably about 12 degrees and dark) so it is highly unlikely that it was a wasp. I actually have an Arlo security camera set up just outside the goat shelter that records video. I went back and looked at the motion activated clips from this morning and this goat is seen trotting out of the goat shelter throwing his head back and to the side vigorously as if something was in fact biting his back. He went to the hay feeder and nibbled for a minute then trotted up behind me and threw his head around some more. He tries scratching his back with his horns a bit then goes through the scenario of rearing up grabs a treat from my wife, runs back to the shelter. We brush the goats daily most of the year but have only been brushing a couple times a week since the temperatures dropped a couple months ago and I have just been using my gloved hands to rub their backs, sides, and scratching behind their ears after they eat in the morning instead of brushing them. I am thinking that based on his actions he was either bit by something or he had some kind of a sharp pain or something. He's acted normal today and interacted with the other goats all day pretty much as he normally does.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Strange behavior by one of my wethers this morning - by CMGifford - 12-16-2019, 05:14 PM