8th Annual Hassey "Goat Vacation" - Utah!
At least you didn't meet any of the floating balls of 30+ rattlesnakes in Death Hollow. You know, these places get their names because of stuff that happened. Its amazing how much history there is here from the pioneer and cowboys. A couple weeks ago, some history happened near Sid and Charlie, the towering hoodoo I visit now and then-- A group of motorized paragliders visited, and one guy from Idaho had a control rope get twisted and he crashed and died on takeoff. Sid and Charlie should be renamed to "The Sky Sirens". Last year a semi truck actually flew off of Eagle Canyon Bridge on I-70 and fell hundreds of feet to the very spot I took some pictures a few weeks earlier. Eagle Canyon should now be called Flying Turkey Canyon. I don't even want to know what happened when they named Dirty Devil River, and whats up with Ding and Dang canyons?

Sounds like you were really beat by the hike, but other than low food supplies, it sounds like it was a success regarding seeing the sights and having fun! And all this after doing the swell for a week. Wow.
I don't drink beer, but if I did, I'd prefer Dos Equis.  Stay thirsty my friends!

Messages In This Thread
RE: 8th Annual Hassey "Goat Vacation" - Utah! - by Charlie Horse - 10-25-2019, 06:23 PM