8th Annual Hassey "Goat Vacation" - Utah!
Bill and Adrian were intrigued by our goats. 

We found some shade and took a break. I think our camera was still not sure how to adjust for light because our shadow photos were coming out pretty dark. Hi Bill!  

Adrian sat down and Finn stood on the rock right above him. I jumped up and shooed Finn away. Adrian was puzzled. I had to explain why it's never a good idea to sit on a rock downhill from a goat. It's bad enough when the black pebbles start rolling past and lodging under your seat, but no one wants to suddenly find themselves sitting in a yellow river. Thankfully Finn was too tired to walk back and forth above us and preferred to lay down. 

About halfway along our trail, Finn, who was walking behind me, suddenly bolted past on my left. I turned to see if something were chasing him but he wasn't running from anything. He was running toward something with an eager gleam in his eye. I followed him over the ridge and there was a large pothole full of water! Finn had smelled it and made a beeline. He was obviously very thirsty, but he was having a hard time finding the best approach. I went down and helped him. The water was dark brown and rancid so Finn didn't drink much, but he took enough to get by. Sputnik got a little too. 

Bill and Adrian waited for us on the other side.  

Hi Sputnik. 

Hi Finn.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 8th Annual Hassey "Goat Vacation" - Utah! - by Nanno - 10-25-2019, 08:35 AM