8th Annual Hassey "Goat Vacation" - Utah!
I've encountered that quicksand before. Its concerning when you're with animals. It'd be worse with a horse. I've never found any that deep but bad enough-- And nowhere near where you guys were. I'm savvy to it now though. My advice: The instant you don't like the surface, stop. Most people would take a few steps, but it gets exponentially worse that way. Goats hate that kind of stuff so hopefully they'll do the same and back out, rather than trying to turn. Don't need any broken legs out there. Speaking of that, I intend to build a goat-rescue cart. I need to get a tig welder and make it from aluminum, probably with a couple new replacement shovel handles that can be inserted and bolted. Something with one wheel like a wheelbarrow but longer and lighter. Plenty of straps to secure and immobilize a goat. Something that folds up and assembles quickly with only 1 or 2 tools.
I don't drink beer, but if I did, I'd prefer Dos Equis.  Stay thirsty my friends!

Messages In This Thread
RE: 8th Annual Hassey "Goat Vacation" - Utah! - by Charlie Horse - 10-15-2019, 04:32 PM