NAPgA 2020 Calendar Photo Contest!
It’s time for our much-anticipated annual NAPgA Calendar photo contest! Look through your photos and pick out five favorites. Your goat could be famous in 2020! 
Photo submissions will be taken through September 30th.

These are the rules:
-Participants must be current NAPgA members
-Participants must put their name in the photo’s description field.
-Each participant may submit up to five photos.
-To qualify for a calendar page, photos MUST be in landscape orientation and high resolution. High resolution means at least 2500 x 1900 pixels.
If these qualifications are not met, your photo cannot be used for the calendar no matter how many votes it receives!

Here’s how to enter:

Go to NAPgA’s Flickr account:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/133750117@N08

Sign in at top right with the email and password information that was emailed to you (if you didn’t receive the email or you need it re-sent, please contact us or email napga.org@gmail.com

If you have a personal Yahoo! account, you will have to log out of it in order to sign into the NAPgA account.

Flickr can be complicated to use, so please pay close attention to these instructions.

1. To upload photos, click the little cloud and arrow icon in the top right corner. Once your photos are on the page, click the blue “Upload” button in the top right corner.

2. After your photos are uploaded, click the “Albums” link in the middle of the page. Click the “+ New Album” link found to the right of the existing albums.

3. A line of photos will appear along the bottom of the page. Drag your photos into your new album. Add your name to the album title so we know it’s yours.

4. Once your photos are added to your album, click on each photo and add a title and description. In the description field please put the location of the photo, names of goats, people, photo credits, or other information you would like to include.

If you have any questions or trouble using the Flickr site, please contact us or email napga.org@gmail.com or reply to this thread We are happy to help!

Now let’s see those awesome packgoat photos!
Just uploaded mine. This year so far, EVERY SINGLE photo people have submitted is EPIC! We need a calendar with fold-out supplemental pages!
I don't drink beer, but if I did, I'd prefer Dos Equis.  Stay thirsty my friends!
Folks, we have some GORGEOUS photos submitted to this year's calendar contest, and it's time to vote for our favorites! The polls will be open until October 20th.  

Photos can be viewed here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/133750117@N08/

Since we need 12 photos for our calendar, you can vote for up to 12 different pictures! Please pick no more than two photos from any one album so that more people have a chance to get a photo in the calendar. You may vote for your own photos.

If you have a personal Yahoo account: Vote by clicking the star next to your favorite photos.

If you do not have a personal Yahoo!/Flickr account: Vote using the comment boxes under the photos. In order to comment you will need to sign in to the NAPgA account. Contact me if you need the username/password.

If you use the comment boxes, please type your name by your vote. This way we have a record if you accidentally vote for the same photo twice or cast more than 12 votes (it’s very easy to lose track of which photos and how many you vote for if you don’t sign your name!).

Thanks to all who submitted photos and to all who vote and buy calendars each year! As always, if you have trouble using Flickr please contact me and I'll help you out.

-Nan
Stay tuned! Calendars have been ordered and should be here in about a week to ten days. The estimate was Nov. 1-4. It's a great calendar this year!
When do we get to see the winners?! The suspense and anticipation are killing me!?
Goatberries Happen!
Here are the winners: https://www.flickr.com/photos/133750117@...1452090193
We had 11 clear winners, but the 12th could have been chosen through any number of different criteria. In the end Karen Kopf and I picked the one of Christopher Cook's that shows the big goat emerging into the sunlight with Chris' son in the background. I usually can't use portrait photos, but this was one of the rare instances where not only could the photo be cropped top and bottom without damaging the subject, but it was high enough resolution to still work.

The runners-up are all here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/133750117@...1484145317
These are a mix of photos from folks who didn't quite make the cut to get a full calendar page, plus all the photos that received five or more votes but didn't get a full page. There were four contestants who didn't get a calendar page so I put their top photos (or my choice if they didn't have a "top" one) on the cover. The other photos are on the notes page at the back of the calendar and on special dates like the Rendy and NAPgA board meetings.
Well, the calendars came in today but for the first time I'm disappointed in the quality. The photos look over-saturated. I called the company and the person who did our print job is supposed to call me back. I hope they offer to replace them for free. Thankfully they're not so bad we can't sell them, but they're not the quality I've come to expect. I'll be looking for another printer next year if they don't make this right.
Good news on the calendar front! I called PrintingCenterUSA and they are working this out for us. They scanned the proof and their color scanner detected our problem, proving that my claim is legit. They are printing a new proof and overnighting a hard copy to me for approval. Once approved, they will reprint the order and ship it to me ASAP at no charge. I'm very pleased that they are making this right and doing it so quickly. Hopefully the order will be right this time!