Goat-O-Rama's TEXAS Goat Vacation
After we left Jana and Peyton's, we traveled down to Granbury where we visited my grandfather Charles and his wife Dominique. They recently installed a small elevator in their house and we got to ride in it. I was told I needed to get a goat to ride in it too, but I don't think either one of our goats would have fit!

Sputnik took Dominique for a spin around her big, beautiful yard. 

Dominique looks so dignified. I think she was born to ride a goat cart!

Charles was less dignified, probably because we had to bribe, threaten, and coax him to give it a try. We finally convinced him to take a short spin. 

Not only were the goats supposed to ride the elevator, I was also told that we must have one of them pose on top of this big tortoise. Charles objected, however, on the grounds that the goats' hooves might damage the paint or dent the metal. So the goats stayed off the tortoise and Phil faked a shot of miniature Finn standing on giant shell.

Then I rode the tortoise! 

After that we went for a walk around the property. In addition to the huge, beautiful lawn and gardens up top, Charles has a series of stone walkways going down to the lake. Finn and Sputnik love stone stairs, and Charles had no end of amusement watching them climb up and down, nibbling the variety of tasty overgrowth as they went. 

Charles has placed several nice benches at strategic points along the pathway for both taking a rest and taking the view.

This overgrown patch of vetch was a particular favorite for the goats, and Charles loved watching them devour it.

Messages In This Thread
Goat-O-Rama's TEXAS Goat Vacation - by Nanno - 04-15-2019, 06:51 PM
RE: Goat-O-Rama's TEXAS Goat Vacation - by Nanno - 04-15-2019, 06:52 PM
RE: Goat-O-Rama's TEXAS Goat Vacation - by Nanno - 04-15-2019, 06:53 PM
RE: Goat-O-Rama's TEXAS Goat Vacation - by Nanno - 04-15-2019, 06:53 PM
RE: Goat-O-Rama's TEXAS Goat Vacation - by Nanno - 04-15-2019, 06:59 PM
RE: Goat-O-Rama's TEXAS Goat Vacation - by Nanno - 04-15-2019, 07:08 PM
RE: Goat-O-Rama's TEXAS Goat Vacation - by Nanno - 04-15-2019, 07:18 PM
RE: Goat-O-Rama's TEXAS Goat Vacation - by Nanno - 04-16-2019, 11:40 AM