New Livestock Guardian Dog, a Sweetie!
Doing pretty well. More people friendly. Learning to give a little more to a lead role. Have caught the little snot chasing nanny goats and ducks and guineas a bit. Seems to be puppy "please play with me" jumps at them like she is.trying to get them to play with her. Hubby said he saw our old dog.get between her and a.goat.tonight when she tried that so here's hoping he puts her in her place. 28th we take her in for spaying.

Still biggest challenge.getting her to eat enough. Still a problem. Tried.getting her the Diamond Premium Adult and putting meat broth on both that and the pup food we had bought her. Hubby said.she finally ate.about 2/3 of her food.tonight. I know even when we had her penned up in the kidding stall, she managed to kill a startling so maybe she is getting rabbits and rats out in the field.

Today not much chance to work with her. My old horse had a really serious choking episode...ok now, I think, but that consumed my day's energy getting him thru that. Tomorrow's another day.

Thanks for asking.

Messages In This Thread
RE: New Livestock Guardian Dog, a Sweetie! - by blackie's maiden - 12-23-2018, 08:01 PM