MOVI Documented in Additional Species, Dr Highland
I really wish they would include pieces of this puzzle such as the long-term effect of chasing, darting, and netting wild sheep for research. I also wish they would take a serious look at the health of herds that have been relocated and established from other herds vs. herds that have never been relocated. I also think they need to give serious consideration to the practice of hazing wild sheep to keep them away from domestic animals. They are concerned about disease but seem to overlook the fact that animals must be allowed to roam freely if they are to stay healthy. How do we know these sheep aren't being hazed away from vital resources such as mineral licks or certain types of plants? And if they don't wander far from one area, that area is bound to become over-grazed and parasite-laden. It's quite possible that the "trigger" for disease outbreaks may in fact start with a parasite load. I think if the officials spent less time meddling with the wild sheep, they might very well see healthier herds with fewer devastating disease outbreaks.

Messages In This Thread
RE: MOVI Documented in Additional Species, Dr Highland - by Nanno - 07-06-2018, 10:21 AM