New pack saddle
I really want this new saddle!
He thought of everything.
Happiness is a working goat
I was wondering when those were going to come out. It is vastly improved since I saw it at last year's rendy, what with the pivots and whatnot. I think I'll get one in a couple weeks. Its expensive but it keeps me out of the bars.
I don't drink beer, but if I did, I'd prefer Dos Equis.  Stay thirsty my friends!
Cool! Phil told me they're selling them now but I hadn't looked. I'll be interested to see one in person at the Rendy. The one thing that kind of turns me off is they look really fussy--way too many straps and buckles. That is one of the big down-sides to the Sopris saddle as well. "KISS" is a good thing to keep in mind when designing any kind of hardware. I'm really interested to see how the actual saddle fits. Any rigid tree saddle, provided it fits well, should stay put with only a few simple straps to keep it in place for your normal, non-extreme hiking situation. Perhaps this basic design could be "dumbed down" without much trouble.
I dont have the new saddle portion of that new rig, but I do have a wooden cross buck with at the webbing rigging on it.  I does look like alot but it is not.  I holds load very secure and it seems to me out of my out of my 3 saddles like it would be the most confertable.  It is really easy to use.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

did you buy this saddle in front or made it yourself? I would be interested in the material the collar (the one attached to the saddle) is made of. Do you know?
--------------------------------------
Sabine from Germany
[Image: zoVgi.gif]

I did not make the cross bucks or the rigging.  Matt Lion at Bantom Saddle Tack did.  He's the guy that partnered with Marc Warke to make that new rig the goatzrule was commenting on.  To answer you questio  about the collar, man I have no.idea what its made of or how he made it.  I am a very good sewer, I used to make gear for my self while I was in the army and now I make so.e of my own camping stuff.  I dont now what the material is on the out side of the collar, it is stupid tuff though.  Its softer and smoother that Codura nylon.  Again I really like the way his rigging design secures the saddle to the goat.  It is much more table than the standard North West rigging.
thanks. I'll try to get in contact with Matt.
--------------------------------------
Sabine from Germany
[Image: zoVgi.gif]

Anyone pulled the trigger and bought the new saddle yet? I saw they were available for preorder, so perhaps no-one has got one as yet?
Intriguing design, I watched a few youtube clips and was pretty impressed with the highly thought out engineering involved.
I am waaaaaay off needing saddles yet, but am loving researching the whole process to bits
I have one on order as of a week ago. Can't wait to try it out.
I don't drink beer, but if I did, I'd prefer Dos Equis.  Stay thirsty my friends!
That is very exciting, Charlie Horse. Look forward to seeing pics and hearing your thoughts when it arrives.