New Carriage's Maiden Voyage
Well, it's not a "new" carriage any more, but since we've hardly had time to drive it more than a few times since we bought it last March, it sure feels new! Today I put the rear seat on and I drove Phil around like a chauffeur. Then we switched and he drove me around. It is an extremely comfy ride in the back! I plan to ride back there with a bucket of candy in the 4th of July parade this Wednesday while Phil handles the reins. We didn't get any photos of the wagon, but Phil snapped a few shots from the back seat. I love the view in this wagon! We're up high so we aren't staring right into the goats' bottoms the whole time.  

The boys were amazing today. They were calm and obedient--not balking or pulling at the reins. They really feel like a "made" team now. They remember their lessons even though we haven't driven them much this year. Our big test was when we passed these two dogs. These dogs are big, loud, and vicious-sounding. They bound up and down the yard next to the road and there is no visible fence between them and the goats. 

But Finn and Sputnik barely hesitated. They may have bugged out their eyes a bit, but I never had to do more than encourage them with my voice as they marched right past. Good boys! 

Messages In This Thread
New Carriage's Maiden Voyage - by Nanno - 03-17-2018, 06:58 PM
RE: New Carriage's Maiden Voyage - by IdahoNancy - 03-17-2018, 07:22 PM
RE: New Carriage's Maiden Voyage - by Taffy - 03-18-2018, 11:47 AM
RE: New Carriage's Maiden Voyage - by goatzrule - 03-19-2018, 08:21 AM
RE: New Carriage's Maiden Voyage - by Nanno - 07-01-2018, 07:41 PM
RE: New Carriage's Maiden Voyage - by Ms_Mudd - 08-16-2018, 09:53 PM
RE: New Carriage's Maiden Voyage - by Nanno - 08-23-2018, 07:22 PM