Washington State parks don't allow pack goats?
I'm also in WA, have been regularly hiking urban equestrian trails in a WA state park this winter with my goats. The only "organized" state park campgrounds I've stayed at with goats was actually down in OR last March, I emailed in advance for both OR state parks and got the OK as long as I kept them leashed when walking. I also informed them the goats were sleeping in the horse trailer - don't think that was a requirement tho.

It is a bit of a problem to find camping (particularly in the winter), the capitolriders.org web site with horse campground map is a help.  Last summer we stuck to USFS dispersed camping if we needed to camp at a trailhead before a trip due to a long drive.

I'm also a bit frustrated by the ban on pack goats in all of North Cascades National Park, would like to backpack the Ross Lake trails with them - I'm unclear why they should be banned there.

Keep us posted on what you hear back from your inquiry. I think I'll email the same folks you did to add my voice Smile

Messages In This Thread
RE: Washington State parks don't allow pack goats? - by Kat - 01-22-2018, 06:00 AM