What do you pack in for your goats?
Get this: My vet's office has the front landscaping covered in Japanese Yew. I've complained. Its still there. I had a really nicely smashed knuckle from yanking some out of Vickie's mouth once.

I have a couple med kits that stay in the goat packs. They can be used for human, dog or goat. I have a rolled-up splint, vet wrap, gauze and whatnot. I love Leukotape which can be used for holding cuts together, splints, and its way better than moleskin for feet. I have some sutures, scalpels, neosporin, burn ointment, blood clotter, Alieve, Aspirin, and whatnot.

Next year I'm going to build a folding goat-rescue cart. The plan is to use a 20" bicycle wheel with a design something like a long wheelbarrow. A goat would have to be strapped to it, and I'll make a harness to go over my shoulders so I don't have to carry the weight in my hands. Something to take along and leave in the truck just in case. I really could have used something like that when Chewy the dog smashed his paw when a rock got knocked loose by a goat. Had to carry his heavy ass about a mile using an upside-down pack saddle. I'm in shape and it killed me. Goats are way heavier.
I don't drink beer, but if I did, I'd prefer Dos Equis.  Stay thirsty my friends!

Messages In This Thread
RE: What do you pack in for your goats? - by Charlie Horse - 11-01-2017, 05:21 AM
RE: What do you pack in for your goats? - by Kat - 11-15-2017, 05:23 AM
RE: What do you pack in for your goats? - by Kat - 11-17-2017, 08:52 AM