Weld County Goat Extravaganza!
This isn't exactly NAPgA-related except that I went to this event as a representative. I lost my voice to a nasty throat cold the day before we got there, so I wasn't able to do much pitching like I'd planned, but I managed to hand out a lot of pamphlets and NAPgA business cards. Hopefully people will do the rest of the work for themselves.

As far as representing packgoats, I have to say that Cuzco more than made up for my lack of showmanship. That goat is something else! He's a bona fide people magnet and I believe he brought more people to our packgoat display table than I ever could have done on my own.

I made a large "Why Working Goats?" display poster filled with pictures of goats doing a variety of packing and carting activities from hunting, fishing, and hiking to community service, parades, and household chores. The "Packgoats Banned??" pamphlet was front and center and more than half of them disappeared over the course of the weekend. I set out our packs and my cart and harness for people to look at as well. Most of the people who came to ask questions were guys. While their wives and/or daughters were showing goats, these men came over to see what useful workers these hay burners could be.

Because of my laryngitis I was not able to do the packgoat talk so I gave my notecards to Phil and he did the short version. I heard through the grapevine that people really enjoyed it and found it very informative. I was afraid it might have been too devoid of details, but maybe it was for the best that it was more of an introduction to packgoats than a thesis. It's easy to overwhelm people with too many details, so way to go Phil!

Messages In This Thread
Weld County Goat Extravaganza! - by Nanno - 04-28-2014, 08:07 PM
RE: Weld County Goat Extravaganza! - by nebs - 04-28-2014, 08:25 PM
RE: Weld County Goat Extravaganza! - by TOU - 04-28-2014, 08:42 PM
RE: Weld County Goat Extravaganza! - by Saph - 04-28-2014, 08:44 PM
RE: Weld County Goat Extravaganza! - by Taffy - 04-28-2014, 09:21 PM
RE: Weld County Goat Extravaganza! - by Teckelhut - 04-29-2014, 07:06 AM
RE: Weld County Goat Extravaganza! - by Nanno - 04-30-2014, 09:14 AM