Possible new tailor made Goat Mineral Mix for the NW.
That's an awesome in-depth analysis of minerals and what they do! I'm not sure at all what minerals we have/don't have here on our soil except that I know there are dangerous levels of selenium in some spots. I lost a horse to selenium poisoning a few years ago when I boarded her at a friend's house, and Cuzco used to lose all the hair on his back every June when the weeds came in. His hair stayed in for the three years when I took away his minerals in late spring. Cuzco lost his hair again last summer when I left the loose minerals out for everyone. I thought my mama goats should have them. None of the other goats lost hair though, which is kind of weird. I kind of wonder if Cuzco has a high selenium "build-up" in his body that the other goats don't have yet. Anyway, since the selenium problem I haven't let my horses have a mineral block again. They get plain salt because every other type of mineral mix contains selenium and they already lose enough hair in their manes and tails every summer.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Possible new tailor made Goat Mineral Mix for the NW. - by Nanno - 04-23-2014, 09:42 AM