Mineral deficiency? Or is it toxicity?
This all catches my interest. Having trouble this year keeping the goats looking healthy. All were copper boluses in both August 2017 and.this past April. I figured it was time again but now I wonder. While our "Magnificent Seven" (the seven we are training to pack) get separate individual meals and supplements and their gums are.pretty pink, even they are not where I would like them to be in appearance and health but the pasture.goats, many are somewhat bony and very white gummed which scares me to death. Maybe I am on wrong track. The goat raisers here always say it's worms. After talk at Rendy, I dropped.Ivomectin as my go-to wormer for Valmezan orally at.2.cc.per 25 lbs body weight. Just wormed.about 10 days ago and still white.gums, no weight gain. Could not.get the Spring Mix loose calf minerals recommended at Rendy. But we bought and put out their standard calf mineral from Tractor.Supply. on that about 2 weeks. Still no change.

Our pasture is horrible.this.year due.to drought so we have been depending on coastal round bales.around here. And here.they fertilize the heck out of them.

Out right now but usually put out copper rich meat goat blocks.for them but never saw much change.

Do you think the zinc might help and.if so, what is.most.practical way to make it.available when group feeding a herd?

Or does anyone.have any other explanation for.white gums?

Our vet support for goats here is.really really bad. We.are.pretty much on our own on diagnosing/treating.

Thanks.

Messages In This Thread
Mineral deficiency? Or is it toxicity? - by Nanno - 06-06-2017, 01:11 PM
RE: Mineral deficiency? Or is it toxicity? - by blackie's maiden - 08-22-2018, 03:02 PM