Hope for Chronic Pneumonia: Zuprevo
Wink 
Shy Long story, short version: 3 vet trips, five antibiotics later, we were.still fighting chronic pneumonia in two of four sick goats. Unusually wet windy winter with wild temperature fluctuations. Had enough! Internet search found "goat expert" vet (tsk, tsk!) some 78 miles one way. So glad we went! He gave the other two clean bill of health and to our two chronic vouchers, he gave Zuprevo. Best part one shot lasts 28 days and accumulates in the lungs where it is most needed for treatment. That was Feb. 18. I was losing hope again when today they had their first completely cough-free day. Even their attitude was so much better. I hope I am not premature on this. I will repost if so but wanted to give hope to anyone going thru abnormal amount of pneumonia this year due to crazy weather all over the country. Don't know if it will work for everyone but sure worth a try when other meds fail.

One time when an internet-spouted expert turned out to be true!
I'm glad this antibiotic looks promising! I hope your goats recover completely!
(02-26-2019, 09:11 AM)Nanno Wrote: I'm glad this antibiotic looks promising! I hope your goats recover completely!
Thank you, Nan. Feeling pretty confident today, March 1,.we.have gotten thru the pneumonia,.thank goodness. Problem now is 3 20 degree.nights coming again with wet weather after several fairly warm days again. Argh!