Transporting Goats in Truck-Hot Weather
(07-22-2017, 01:32 PM)ase90 Wrote:  The topper I have has a central window in the front that aligns with the window opening in the back of the cab.
This is what I ended up doing, altho I did not get the seal.  I made a piece of cardboard to fit both openings and it works OK until Ranger decides to stick his head into the cab knocking the cardboard out  Rolleyes

I ended up with a big Leer 122 canopy on a Tundra - full length slider windows with screens on the sides (not the double window that is normally seen on these.)  It works great along with the back window open for ventilation so I ended up not doing a vent on the top.  

The one long trip we took on a very hot afternoon (close to 100F), I added 2 clip-on fans from Home Depot inside the canopy, and 2 garbage bags full of ice near the tailgate. Stayed pretty cool in there for them.  

Overall I am pleased with this setup - gets me and the 2 goats to the trailheads with plenty of ventilation. 

The bed is rhino-lined, I added a rubber mat, then also a closed cell foam mat over the back half for their comfort.  A bit of straw and they're good to go.

Messages In This Thread
Transporting Goats in Truck-Hot Weather - by Kat - 04-11-2017, 07:39 AM
RE: Transporting Goats in Truck-Hot Weather - by Kat - 11-14-2017, 07:11 PM