New Land Use Plan Needs Comment
This in some aspects is a clarification. When I asked for comment on the Hemingway-Boulders Land Use Plan a month ago, I thought that was it. Job done.

As I now understand that is not true. This wilderness is a patchwork quilt of areas and land management agencies, and there is now another land use plan that needs your input.

The most recent plan is the Jim McClure-Jerry Peak Wilderness plan and the scoping for this plan ends the 17th of March.

For this particular wilderness, it seems that the only bone of contention and issue that needs responded to, Page 27 of FS document, JMJP Draft Plan_ <2017_02_10 (105098_FSPLT3_3949644), accessible here: https://www.fs.usda.gov/project/?project=50223
Is the "Require the use of weed-free feed or pellets for stock animals (FS Order Number 04-00-097; BLM Supplementary Rule ID-913-02-4740-04) and in accordance with other FS and BLM policies and closure orders.

Once again, as in the Hemingway-Boulder plan, they are treating all stock the same, and in so doing, effectively running goats and goatpackers out of the forest. We must respond to each of these threats. If you feel that this is a long way from where you are, and you won't ever want to come here, you are completely overlooking the fact that as each area closes to goats, your particular favorite area becomes more of a target, and more likely to come under the closure microscope.

In order to make comments, you may use one these methods: 
 Send an email to: comments-intermtn-salmon-challis-middlefork@fs.fed.us. Please indicate “Wilderness Plan” in the subject line. Electronic comments must be submitted in a format such as an e-mail message, plain text (.txt), rich text format (.rtf), and Word (.docx). 
 Send a hardcopy letter to: Middle Fork Ranger District, 311 N. US Highway 93, Challis, ID 83226. 

Please take the time to respond:  This plan is outlined in detail, here: http://arcg.is/2j9GNu4 

Messages In This Thread
New Land Use Plan Needs Comment - by packgoatlarry - 03-03-2017, 09:39 PM
RE: New Land Use Plan Needs Comment - by Nanno - 03-04-2017, 09:01 AM
RE: New Land Use Plan Needs Comment - by Nanno - 03-04-2017, 09:20 AM