No Packgoats in Idaho Wilderness
Exclamation 
Wilderness Under Fire

The newest wilderness in the United States is in Idaho, and consists of four parts. The Hemingway-Boulders, White Clouds, Jim McClure-Jerry Peak, and Sawtooth Wildernesses. In the White Clouds, an area that I have returned to on a number of occasions, anywhere in this area that you would want to visit, i.e., all the lakes,  stock are prohibited. This rule completely overlooks the differences in, and impacts of, the stock that could be potentially used. It is my contention that there is no more impact from our goats, than from the deer or bighorn sheep that inhabit this area. That, coupled with the fact that goatpacker visits to these areas are extremely infrequent, make this an onerous and unacceptable rule.

I earnestly solicit your involvement in this project which requires your input by January 31, 2017.

The place to start is here: http://arcg.is/28Z6RVo

There are a number of downloadable documents and each section of this wilderness has its own website, so there is a lot of information to digest. The only section of this plan that I have found so far that affects us is the stock prohibition in the White Cloud mountains, but there is so much documentation dedicated to this plan, that there certainly could be others.

Their information indicates that comments be forwarded to here:
Send an email to: comments-intermtn-sawtooth-nra@fs.fed.us. Please indicate “Wilderness Plan” in the subject line. Electronic comments must be submitted in a format such as an e-mail message, plain text (.txt), rich text format (.rtf), and Word (.docx).

Questions/Comments: lrobinson12441@gmail.com

Messages In This Thread
No Packgoats in Idaho Wilderness - by packgoatlarry - 01-20-2017, 10:25 AM
RE: No Packgoats in Idaho Wilderness - by Nanno - 01-20-2017, 11:30 AM