Pack Goat Closure extending to Oregon
This is all very good information. I'm planning to attend the Weld County Goat Extravaganza at the end of this month, and I'll be taking Cuzco and his pack and doing a demonstration and talk during the event. I feel this is an excellent time to raise awareness because of the FS closures, and I'm hoping to get people interested not only in pack goats, but in fighting alongside us to keep our land open. I hope that even people who aren't directly interested in packing with goats themselves will be able to appreciate those who do and will see this as their fight as well. I'm planning to have an information booth, or at least a poster set up at my stall and I'm going to try to consolidate a lot of this information to a single page flier that people can take with them so they don't just stop by, read, and forget.

I'm also running a "Goat of Many Colors" contest just for fun, and I'm hoping the folks running the Extravaganza will allow me to put at least some of the entry fees toward the NAPgA. I'm talking with the lady in charge, and she suggested the proceeds go toward the youth programs in the area that participate in the Extravaganza. But I'd like to have some of the proceeds benefit the NAPgA because even if it doesn't generate a lot of money, having the NAPgA as a beneficiary will put our organization's name right before the eyeballs of everyone at the show and raise awareness to our current fight. Even people who can't afford to donate money can still write objection letters! Heck, I may even take a pile of form letters with me so interested parties can write to the FS in Oregon about these newest closures.

Messages In This Thread
Pack Goat Closure extending to Oregon - by Saph - 03-29-2014, 12:15 PM
RE: Pack Goat Closure extending to Oregon - by Nanno - 04-01-2014, 07:18 PM