Pack Goat Closure extending to Oregon
The plan will be available for comment for 90 days, which means the comment period will end on June 16, 2014.
ALL of the action alternatives in the Proposed Plan contain the following standard:
"The use of recreational pack goats shall not be authorized or allowed within or adjacent to source habitat for bighorn sheep."

WOW. This is getting very serious and way to close to home for my comfort zone. I just finished reading the above proposed forest plan and the counter proposal written by our NAPgA attorney. KNOW ITS REALLY HAPPENING IN EASTERN OREGON IN THE UMATILLA NATIONAL FOREST. This is an absolute nightmare. I'll be attending the public meeting in Kennewick WA, on April 4th.

I wish there was more that I could do. I think Im going to be physically sick over this. We need everyone to respond to this during the public comments time frame. Larry is right. If we dont win the argument with the Shoshone FS in Wyoming, goat packing in the Northwest is going to sink like a rock.

Crying shame of it all is that this whole thing could be such a simple fix. Thanks Saph for keeping us posted.

"Long Live The Pack Goat"
Curtis King[/font]

Messages In This Thread
Pack Goat Closure extending to Oregon - by Saph - 03-29-2014, 12:15 PM
RE: Pack Goat Closure extending to Oregon - by Curtis King - 03-29-2014, 01:45 PM