2017 NAPgA Rendezvous in Lake City, CO - June 15-18
As we got higher we began to appreciate how much snow was still left on the San Juan mountain range all around us. My girl Tigerlily did incredibly well. She'd lost a kid and retained the placenta two weeks before we left for Lake City, and then she came down with mastitis and was on heavy antibiotics for both of those things. She was depressed from the loss of her baby and feeling yucky because of the sickness and medications. I brought her with us not only so I could monitor her health but also because I felt that the change of scenery would do her heart good. It really did. She bounced back quickly and conquered this mountain like it was nothing. Her quick movements and graceful agility in precarious, rocky places make her a delight to watch. She takes after her daddy, Finn.  

Speaking of Finn... This goat really knows how to strike a pose!

Finn and his best pal, Phil.

Goats look so at home on this type of landscape. 

The stragglers nearing the top...

And we reach the summit! Kate was especially expressive. She trained hard for this hike and was determined to reach the top. Kate and a couple of others in our party battled a certain amount of altitude sickness, but everyone made it in the end. It was so worth it!  

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2017 NAPgA Rendezvous in Lake City, CO - June 15-18 - by Nanno - 07-03-2017, 12:59 PM