Protection
Hello All
A question for ya'll.
I have used electric fence for years on horses and cows.
So I know very well how it works.
==========================
I want to put some Horse Guard Bi-Polar up to let the goats browse in some "Ruff" but relatively clear ground here in South Carolina. It is a "Extremely HOT " 1 1/2 inch wide heavy duty tape. Horse Guard ,Bi-Polar is the company.
They also get the shock right off the direct output of my fencer 7000 volts and good for 50 miles of fence.
It works good on sheep too. So far I don't have any fence jumpers. Smile NO GROUND ROD needed
I know there is electric netting out there but now with 2 horned goats here (Blizzard and Fuzzy) and comments I have seen about it. (WEB fence) I want to try and use the Bi-Polar that I already have.
Plus this has to be a movable fence.
==========================
How Many Strands and what spacing do you think would be good for Goat containment?
The area is about 150 foot Square. It is under full time observation. 4 goats.
Right outside my window and I can put a camera on it.
I have one goat tote now and can get another. Pete and Sam seem to like sleeping next to each other.
Blizzard and Fuzzy do the same thing, but separate from Pete and Sam, so I am thinking I'll just get another tote for housing in that area that I can move around as needed and use for Expeditions when I am ready to take all 4 boy's at the same time but in two separate Goat Totes.

I have used the Bi-polar for horses and they get one shock off it and they stay away !!!!! from fence.

All Opinions/Experiences welcome

Happy Trails
hihobaron Blizzard,Fuzzy,Pete and Sam

Messages In This Thread
Protection - by Taffy - 04-01-2016, 06:55 PM
RE: Protection - by hihobaron - 05-27-2016, 08:19 PM
RE: Protection - by Nanno - 05-28-2016, 07:35 AM
RE: Protection - by hihobaron - 05-28-2016, 07:16 PM
RE: Protection - by hihobaron - 05-28-2016, 09:30 PM
RE: Protection - by hihobaron - 06-03-2016, 04:03 PM
RE: Protection - by hihobaron - 07-19-2016, 07:10 PM