Goat Packing the Appalachian Trail
Sounds great!

So they don't allow mountain bikes on Saturdays only? That's funny. Why not? I guess the trails are too busy with hikers or something? I have to say... as open-minded as I am about multi-use trails, I have the hardest time with mountain bikers. I love dirt bikers and ATV riders and snowmobilers... never had a problem with them. But mountain bikers scare the heck out of me. They come up so fast and so quiet that you can't always get out of their way in time. They scare the horses because they come out of nowhere (at least the motorized rides give you plenty of warning), and I'm always afraid that one of them is going to be similarly surprised by my horse and have a major crash. Unlike dirt bikers, cyclists never wear enough clothes to protect them from a nasty fall and I cringe at the thought of having to give first aid to one of them. On the other hand, there's nothing quite so funny as seeing a biker's eyes bug out and his jaw drop when he comes flying around a corner and there's a 1000 lb. beast taking up the entire trail. A lot of gravel flies and they usually sound pretty shaky in the voice when I greet them. As much as they might spook my horse, I'm quite sure my horse spooks them more.

Messages In This Thread
Goat Packing the Appalachian Trail - by hihobaron - 01-17-2016, 12:13 PM
RE: Goat Packing the Appalachian Trail - by Nanno - 01-17-2016, 01:18 PM
RE: Goat Packing the Appalachian Trail - by Nanno - 01-17-2016, 07:15 PM
RE: Goat Packing the Appalachian Trail - by Saph - 01-17-2016, 10:25 PM
RE: Goat Packing the Appalachian Trail - by Nanno - 01-20-2016, 07:32 AM
RE: Goat Packing the Appalachian Trail - by Nanno - 01-22-2016, 07:08 PM
RE: Goat Packing the Appalachian Trail - by Nanno - 01-23-2016, 08:28 AM