Goat Packing the Appalachian Trail
Hello All
I have been in contact with the closest SC State Park to me with "Primitive Camping" and Hiking Trails. 6 miles away.
Not much for trails and many are "Shared Trails" with Mountain Bikers.
Look up Paris Mountain State Park Greenville,SC on the SC State park site for maps.
The response was
"Go by our rules for Dogs"
Your Welcome any time and can Camp in the "Primitive" area with them as long as you follow site rules"
Goats can go anywhere on park trails.
Saturdays, They do not allow any Mountain bikers on any of the trails. !!! Yaaa Smile
Down side is most of the trails are only from 1/2 mile to 4 miles long. Many are Loop trails about 23 miles total trails in the park.
Park is withing 5 miles of Downtown Greenville SC and gets a lot of usage by "City Folk"
Oh well, it is close and easy to get to for me and the boy's. Will do good for training runs, and I figure if I can get a Pack saddle for Pete with a set of the Trash can liner Panniers I can do the Park people a service by picking up and packing out trail trash I know is going to be there. Of course I'll make sure when we get back to Park Office I show the trash picked up to the Park People.
It is a good start for Promoting Goat Packing here in South Carolina. Even if we are just doing walk a rounds and packing trash. Yes, I expect to have run ins with dogs, I'll be packing my favorite "Dog Repellent"
Fortunately my boys seem to NOT react to dogs or if they do it is to come hide around me.
Happy Trails
hihobaron

Messages In This Thread
Goat Packing the Appalachian Trail - by hihobaron - 01-17-2016, 12:13 PM
RE: Goat Packing the Appalachian Trail - by Nanno - 01-17-2016, 01:18 PM
RE: Goat Packing the Appalachian Trail - by Nanno - 01-17-2016, 07:15 PM
RE: Goat Packing the Appalachian Trail - by Saph - 01-17-2016, 10:25 PM
RE: Goat Packing the Appalachian Trail - by hihobaron - 01-20-2016, 06:57 AM
RE: Goat Packing the Appalachian Trail - by Nanno - 01-20-2016, 07:32 AM
RE: Goat Packing the Appalachian Trail - by Nanno - 01-22-2016, 07:08 PM
RE: Goat Packing the Appalachian Trail - by Nanno - 01-23-2016, 08:28 AM