Goats coming
Back with another question. I am going to do the slider door as shown above, and I was also going to make three boxes in the back. They will be three sided with open fronts ( in a line across the 12')'4' wide x 4"deep, with a ceiling. My question is how tall do they need to be? 4 feet? Concern is that overall building height is 7ft to 8ft. Do I need to worry about them jumping on top of these boxes and hitting their heads on roof? Or will they watch? Thanks again
Yes, they will jump on top of the boxes. Yes, they might hit their heads/horns. But will it hurt them? Extremely unlikely. They'll just learn to duck their heads when they jump up. Wink
Thanks for the help and info
Just make sure there are no roofing nails poking down through.
Hello All
Here is a Idea for goat houses our neighbor uses. Sanine Dairy Goats and kids.
They are about as Goat Proof as you can get and still be Movable and clean up well.
275 gallon totes (Plastic square tanks with a protective outer metal grid.) Roughly 4 X 4 X 4 feet in size.
They tip them on their side take a skill saw and cut what used to be the TOP out in any size or shape they need.
Gang them together or seperatly and put planks or plywood over the top.
Plywood or planks are just to keep the goats from getting hung up in the metal grid.
Their Goats and LGD's love them. No shingle or tin roofing needed as the tank side wall that is now the "Roof" is water proof to begin with.
Put some bedding in the bottom and you have happy goats each with their own room.
Totes here cost about $45. You can't buy wood for the same price as a tote. And the Goat Tote is Portable Smile
Happy Trails
hihobaron