Domestic small ruminants and bighorn sheep
Aye-yi-yi... Will government ever cease it's rotten shenanigans? I hope NAPgA's lawyer impresses upon the BLM that what they are doing is quite likely illegal! I hope they revise their management proposal before we are forced to sue yet another government agency! This is getting quite ridiculous.

My goats are ready for testing whenever Dr. Highland is! I've already got a vet lined up who will do the blood draw and nasal swabs.

I'm personally of the opinion that the Bighorn Sheep really need to start evolving resistance of their own. When Dr. Highland told us at the Rendy last year that the government slaughtered survivors of a pneumonia outbreak because they were now carriers who could infect others, I was livid! I thought evolution was required teaching in public schools nowadays! Even when a large percentage of a population dies off, the few who survive are the ones who will carry improved genetics into the future. If the government kills the strong and protects the weak, they are crippling the evolutionary future of the herds. Even if all domestic animals are kept out of BHS habitat, there's nothing preventing BHS from visiting livestock on private lands and then taking diseases back to their own herds. One highway near here is regularly frequented by BHS. Does the government propose that no sheep or goats be allowed along this stretch of highway? Of course not! And yet the BHS are physically much closer to my goats in this busy place than they ever are on a wilderness trail!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Domestic small ruminants and bighorn sheep - by Nanno - 03-16-2016, 08:11 AM