Colorado State Fair
We had another fun show this past weekend. We took the girls and headed up to Longmont for the annual Colorado Dairy Goat Association Harvest Show. This was Jezebel's first time leaving home and she did very well with all the new experiences like getting a haircut, having to be sociable with strangers, and having her udder handled and shaved for the first time. She and Tigerlily also had to be separated at night since Jezebel needed milk in her udder in order to show next morning. This was a lot less traumatic than I thought it might be, and Tigerlily did not jump the fence to get back in with her mother. Petunia was kind to her little pen-mate, but I cannot say the same for how Nubbin treated poor Jezebel. As a somewhat stunted three-year-old first freshener, Jezebel could not hope to win anything, but I have to say she has a really nivr shape to her udder and the best attachments of anyone in my herd.   

Phil has gotten to know a boy named Mason over the course of several shows during the last two years. Phil's and Mason's goats also hit it off during the lineup.  

Petunia and especially Nubbin truly enjoy having their faces brushed with the soft horsehair finishing brush and couldn't get enough of it during our show prep times. 

Messages In This Thread
Colorado State Fair - by Nanno - 09-06-2015, 04:58 PM
RE: Colorado State Fair - by Nanno - 09-15-2015, 12:12 PM
RE: Colorado State Fair - by Nanno - 09-15-2015, 12:44 PM
RE: Colorado State Fair - by IdahoNancy - 09-15-2015, 09:00 PM