Working Packers and Gear for sale
I'm posting this for a friend, Cannon,  that sold us our wonderful Alpines wethers last year.  Cannon does not have convenient internet access and so I'm trying to help him out!  He is wanting to sell a few of his goats and gear. This is an amazing, strong, mellow herd.  They live a nomadic lifestyle so these goats have impeccable trail manners and conditioning.   He has 2 wethers:
Jester: 4 year old Alpine, horned, weight is approximately 250 lbs and is HUGE!  He is routinely packing between 50-60 lbs.
Faceplant: 2 year old Alpine, horned, weight is approximately 200+ lbs and is still growing.  Cannon has started Face carrying some weight (20-30 lbs).  Based on the size of his sire and Face's current size, he expects him to finish closer to 300 lbs. 
To go with the boys, he has 2 sets of handmade crossbuck saddles and panniers.  These were custom made by a friend of his and are in great shape.  He also has several starter soft-packs that he will include.
For the two goats and all their gear he is hoping to get $1000.
He also has 3 does for sale.  His does have been bred for trail life.  They have compact udders and the conditioning to walk all day.  
Lily, 5 year old Alpine, currently in milk and giving 1/2 gallon/day.  $300  
Raven, 2 year old Alpine, currently in milk and giving 1 gallon/day. $300
Galaxy, 1 year old Alpine $100.
These girls would be a great addition to any herd but especially those that are interested in breeding for packing traits.

Please visit their website for more information and to view more pictures of the herd in action under the gallery tab:
http://www.wintermoontribe.org/

For inquiries or more information, please contact Cannon 586-262-7216. If he does not answer, please leave a message as he will be going into town every few days to check!  Thanks!

.jpg   thumbs_IMG_2685.JPG (Size: 15.24 KB / Downloads: 135)
.jpg   thumbs_IMG_4836.JPG (Size: 14.22 KB / Downloads: 136)    
Thanks for your post Mtn. Girl. Where are the goats located as of now?
yea, a location would be great too know....
Matt
Sorry. When I spoke with him yesterday he was in Eastern Oregon (near John Day?) He had contacted me to see if we would be able to give his boys a home but we're not ready for more yet. He did mention being able to transport the goats to the location of a buyer (I'm sure he could use some gas money for the trip though!)
They're great goats. We met them all last year when we bought our boys.
(07-01-2015, 09:34 AM)Mountain_girl Wrote: Sorry. When I spoke with him yesterday he was in Eastern Oregon (near John Day?) He had contacted me to see if we would be able to give his boys a home but we're not ready for more yet. He did mention being able to transport the goats to the location of a buyer (I'm sure he could use some gas money for the trip though!)
They're great goats. We met them all last year when we bought our boys.

I have a call into him and live close and anxiously awaiting his return call.  If you have a way, let him know to call me please asap...His goats are a perfect addition to my string and I'm ready to rumble.  208 867 6675
Marc, that's perfect! I hope it works out. If you haven't already, you may want to check out their website. They're the real deal. Living a nomadic life, expert at primitive skills, and totally immersed in the goat herding thing. The pictures are amazing and really don't do them justice! I'll try to call him too. Thanks!
I need these! Been trying to start a string now for a While. Can they be transported?
(07-02-2015, 08:12 AM)Hunter911 Wrote: I need these! Been trying to start a string now for a While. Can they be transported?

Sorry Hunter911, I am already am on these guys.  I live fairly close and will be picking them up. I'm only getting the two weathers though, and I know he has others. I'll scout out what else he has and I may be selling one of mine as well...I just needed a couple bigger guys. My current string are all solid boys but they are medium sized.
Marc,
I'm so glad you got ahold of him! I've been so amazed by the trail manners of our boys that we got from them. Face is their half brother. I hope you'll be happy!
Thx Marc